The Optical/Bioluminescence Sub-Core of the SAIF provides the capability to perform cellular and molecular non-invasive in-vivo bioluminescence, near-infraredfluorescence and Cerenkov imaging.
The instrumentation allows sensitive, non-invasive molecular imaging for a variety of applications including detection and quantification of various bioluminescent or fluorescent reporter-expressing cells or tissues (in culture or in small animals).
The facility currently houses a Perkin Elmer IVIS Lumina II, two LI-COR Pearl Impulse Imagers and two Perkin Elmer IVIS Spectrums. The Facility offers assistance with experimental design, regulatory approval, troubleshooting, data management, analysis and display.
- Perkin Elmer IVIS Lumina II (John Morgan Building, Room B100)
- Li-COR Pearl Impulse (John Morgan Building, Room B100 and SCTR 1-133)
- Perkin Elmer IVIS Spectrum (SCTR 1-133 and SCTR 6-125 behind SCXC barrier)
- Perkin Elmer IVIS Lumina II
- In-vitro Imaging: cultured cell imaging, tissue/organ imaging
- Bioluminescence imaging
- Fluorescence imaging - GFP, DsRed, Cy5.5, ICG
- Perkin Elmer IVIS Spectrum
- Advanced in vitro and in vivo bioluminescence and fluorescence imaging system
- 10 fluorescence excitation filters and 20 fluorescence emission filters
- Spectral unmixing and 3D imaging capability
- LI-COR Pearl Impulse
- In vitro and in vivo fluorescence imaging
- 700 nm, 800 nm channels - IRDye® 680, IRDye® 700DX, IRDye® 800RS, IRDye® 800CW, Alexa Fluor® 680, Alexa Fluor® 750, Cy5.5, Cy7
- Simultaneous detection of 700 nm and 800 nm channels
- Assistance provided per user request
- Rodent anesthesia
- Substrate injection
- Animal shaving
- Living Image®/Pearl Cam® acquisition
- Data quantification and analysis
- Transferring Living Image®/Pearl Cam® data to other file formats
- General advice on experimental design or protocol plans
View the new SAIF Optical Core flyer
Rates and Scheduling
The core is set up to provide service at fee with no profit built in. The fees charged include costs for current personnel, operation, necessary equipment maintenance and upgrades, etc.
- Rates: As of July 1, 2014, $140 per hour for both IVIS Spectrum scanners, $100 per hour for the IVIS Lumina scanner, and $100 per hour for both Li-COR Pearl Impulse scanners (including cell, organ and animal imaging). Data analysis is free of charge.
- 10% discount to members of Abramson Cancer Center
- Free training for first-time users
Elizabeth Browning, PhD
Technical Director, Optical Imaging