The Department's strengths begin with its people - faculty and staff. Radiology's most prestigious professional organizations and associations have repeatedly recognized the quality of Penn Radiology faculty by electing them to positions of leadership and conferring upon them the discipline's major awards and honors.
Department faculty work closely with members of the support staff. A great majority participate in the provision of clinical services to patients, with others filling a wide range of professional research, educational and administrative support roles. The strength of the faculty rests upon the vitality of those who work with them.
New Radiology Faculty Announcements
Penn Radiology welcomes the new faculty joining us in the 2021-2022 academic year:
- Arwa Alzaghal, MD - Assistant Professor of Clinical Radiology, Abdominal Imaging
Dr. Alzaghal joins us from Brigham and Women’s Hospital.
Area of Concentration: Body Intervention in Abdominal Imaging
- Neil Harrison, MD - Assistant Professor of Clinical Radiology, Interventional Radiology
Dr. Harrison finished his training at Penn Radiology in 2020 and spent at year at Community Care Physicians in New York. We're proud to welcome him back as faculty.
Area of Concentration: Developing training for residents and medical students in clinical research and innovation in Interventional Radiology.
- Riti Khanesa-Thasan, MD - Assistant Professor of Clinical Radiology, Musculoskeletal Imaging
Dr. Khanesa-Thasan comes to us from nearby Thomas Jefferson University Hospital.
Area of Concentration: Practice Innovation in Musculoskeletal Radiology
- Hyun Tae Kim, MD, MPH - Assistant Professor of Clinical Radiology, Abdominal Imaging
Dr. Kim is an Abdominal Imaging fellow at Penn Radiology, transitioning to faculty.
Area of Concentration: 3D Imaging
- Jane Lee, MD - Assistant Professor of Clinical Radiology, Neuroradiology
Dr. Lee has just completed a Neuroradiology Fellowship here at Penn Medicine and joins us as faculty.
Area of Concentration: Head and neck neuroradiology, and she will be developing a leading skull base and head and neck image guided (CT and US) biopsy service in neuroradiology.
- Lawrence Lo, MD - Assistant Professor of Clinical Radiology, Musculoskeletal Imaging
Like Dr. Alzaghal, Dr. Lo comes to us from Brigham and Women’s Hospital in Massachusetts.
Area of Concentration: Informatics in Musculoskeletal Radiology