Protocol development (PRODEV) accounts are available to investigators who need preliminary data for future grant submission. The radiology department grants protocol development funds for this purpose.
Investigators must apply to the protocol development committee and gain approval for funding before a study will be reviewed by CACTIS. To apply for protocol development funds, contact Kathleen Thomas, Clinical Research Operations Manager.
Once protocol development funds are approved, investigators may submit the appropriate CACTIS application for CACTIS review.
Investigators seeking PRODEV accounts need to list the type of award and the funding agency that will support the work in the future. CACTIS will provide time on the CT scanners and charge the radiology PRODEV account as long as the following conditions are met:
- The investigators are actively seeking funding. The status of your research proposal (preparing or submitted) should be specified upon submission for each potential funding source.
- The study is not for industry-sponsored research. CACTIS must comply with the university and hospital accounting procedures. For industry-sponsored studies, no research may be conducted until all accounts have been established and the sponsoring company has provided the initial payment as outlined in the study's legal contract. PRODEV may not be used to start a project "early". PRODEV may be used to collect pilot data, which may lead to an industry-sponsored study [so long as the sponsor is not initially involved].
- PRODEV slots are to be used within one year of the approval date.
- The investigator must be able to cover certain costs:
- Technologist’s time [if needed after normal hours, the technologist’s time is paid overtime]
- CT contrast agents