1. Willemink, M. J., & Noël, P. B. The evolution of image reconstruction for CT—from filtered back projection to artificial intelligence. Eur Radiol. 2019 May; 29(5), 2185-2195.
2. Mechlem, K., Ehn, S., Sellerer, T., Braig, E., Münzel, D., Pfeiffer, F., & Noël, P. B. Joint statistical iterative material image reconstruction for spectral computed tomography using a semi-empirical forward model. IEEE transactions on medical imaging, June 2018, 37(1), 68-80.
3. Gromann, L. B., De Marco, F., Willer, K., Noël, P. B., Scherer, K., Renger, B., ... & Herzen, J. In-vivo x-ray dark-field chest radiography of a pig. Sci Rep. 7, July 2017, 4807.
4. Ehn, S., Sellerer, T., Muenzel, D., Fingerle, A. A., Kopp, F., Duda, M., ... & Noël, P. B. Assessment of quantification accuracy and image quality of a full‐body dual‐layer spectral CT system. J Appl Clin Med Phys., 2018 Jan; 19(1), 204-217.
5. Muenzel, D., Bar-Ness, D., Roessl, E., Blevis, I., Bartels, M., Fingerle, A. A., ... & Noël, P. B. Spectral photon-counting CT: Initial experience with dual–contrast agent K-edge colonography. Radiology, 2017 Jun; 283(3), 723-728.
Scientist or Postdoctoral Researcher in Biomedical Imaging
Dr. Noël's Laboratory for Advanced Computed Tomography Imaging in the Radiology Department of the University of Pennsylvania seeks a full-time postdoctoral researcher with expertise in biomedical imaging. A candidate for this position should hold a Ph.D. in one of the following or closely related fields: physics, bioengineering, computer sciences, mechanical engineering, or electrical engineering. Prior work experience in the area of biomedical imaging is highly desirable. A strong background in x-ray imaging, image reconstruction, and/or machine learning is a plus. The applicant should be highly motivated, exhibit excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and be able to prioritize multiple tasks.
Mechanical Engineer in Biomedical Imaging
A candidate for this position should hold a Bachelor's degree in Mechanical, Manufacturing, Electrical Engineering or a related field. Duties of this position include design, optimization and implementation of experimental x-ray and CT imaging setups. Additional duties will be to keep laboratory space in safe and operational working order. The successful candidate will have demonstrated the ability to work independently and meet objectives in a timely manner. Knowledge of 3-D printing and CAD modelling is a plus.
Undergraduates and Master's students as well as individuals seeking a visiting research fellowship, are also encouraged to contact Dr. Noël about working in the Laboratory for Advanced Computed Tomography Imaging.
All applicants should send an email with attached CV explaining their interest in the position to Dr. Noël.
Dr. Peter Noël
Laboratory for Advanced Computed Tomography Imaging
University of Pennsylvania
Department of Radiology
3400 Spruce Street, One Silverstein
Philadelphia, PA 19104
Office: +1 (215) 898-8212