The Department of Radiology's Ultrasound Research Laboratory offers an array of research services for clinical and pre-clinical research including quantitative image analysis and consultation.
Our ultrasound scanners are available as a resource for conducting your research studies at nominal hourly fees.
- NIH sponsored mice are charged per mouse. All other costs are per hour and it is possible to do more than one animal per hour.
- Investigators are responsible for all prep work on mice.
- For studies that have less than 20 patients, there will be an additional surcharge per patient.
To utilize Ultrasound Research Services at PENN, please:
- Obtain approval for your project from the appropriate human and animal care committees.
- Contact Dr. Chandra Sehgal to discuss the project and set up an account at Ultrasound Research Services. You will need to provide the following information to establish all accounts (other than protocol development):
- Protocol number and approval date from the appropriate human and animal care committees
- Source of funding and 26 digit fin mis account number
- Contact information for the manager/coordinator of the grant
- Number of subjects you expect to scan within a specifically designated time frame
- Completed application
- Data acquired during the imaging session(s) will be held for a maximum of 3 months. It is the responsibility of the investigator to obtain the data and make any backups necessary for long term storage of the data.