Measurement of arterial blood flow pulsatility with optics.
The primary goal of the Center for Magnetic Resonance and Optical Imaging (CMROI) is to develop cutting edge core Magnetic Resonance and Optical biomedical imaging technologies for solving important problems in biomedical research with a special emphasis on the rapid clinical translation of these state-of-the art technologies. Specifically, the Resource is focused on the development of quantitative, noninvasive MR and optical imaging based biomarkers for studying tissue metabolism and function, with an eye towards clinical translation through early diagnoses and to facilitate in the development and evaluation of new therapies in a variety of diseases. These technological developments are driven by collaboration of scientists from within and outside the primary institution. The Center for Magnetic Resonance and Optical Imaging is supported by the National Institute for Biomedical Imaging and Bioengineering through a grant from the National Institutes of Health.
1. Zhou R, Bagga P, Nath K, Hariharan H, Mankoff DA. Reddy R. Glutamate-Weighted Chemical Exchange Saturation Transfer Magnetic Resonance Imaging Detects Glutaminase Inhibition in a Mouse Model of Triple-Negative Breast Cancer. Cancer Res. 2018 Oct 1;78(19):5521-5526. doi: 10.1158/0008-5472.CAN-17-3988. Epub 2018 Aug 2. PMCID: PMC6168340.
2. Nanga RPR, DeBrosse C, Kumar D, Roalf D, McGeehan B, D'Aquilla K, Borthakur A, Hariharan H, Reddy D, Elliott M, Detre JA, Epperson CN, Reddy R. Reproducibility of 2D GluCEST in healthy human volunteers at 7T. Magn Reson Med. 2018 Nov;80(5):2033-2039. doi: 10.1002/mrm.27362. Epub 2018 May 25. PMCID: PMC6107408.
3. Bagga P, Pickup S, Crescenzi R, Martinez D, Borthakur A, D’Aquilla K, Verma G, Detre JA, Greenberg J, Hariharan H, Reddy R. In vivo GluCEST MRI: Reproducibility, background contribution and source of glutamate changes in the MPTP mouse model of Parkinson’s disease. 2018, Scientific Reports 2018 Feb 13;8(1):2883. PMCID:PMC5811435.
4. Haris M, Bagga P, Hariharan H, McGettigan-Croce B, Johnson LA, Reddy R. Molecular imaging biomarkers for cell-based immunotherapies. J Transl Med. 2017 Jun 19;15(1):140. doi: 10.1186/s12967-017-1240-6. Review. PMCID: PMC5477274.
5. Bagga P, Haris M, D'Aquilla K, Wilson NE, Marincola FM, Schnall MD, Hariharan H, Reddy, R. Non-caloric sweetener provides magnetic resonance imaging contrast for cancer detection. J Transl Med. 2017 May 30;15(1):119. doi: 10.1186/s12967-017-1221-9. PMID: 28558795.
Center for Magnetic Resonance & Optical Imaging
422 Curie Boulevard
B1 Stellar Chance Labs
Philadelphia, PA 19104-6100