The Center for Practice Transformation (CPX) facilitates the development, testing, and implementation of initiatives to re-imagine care delivery to patients in radiology, improve patient outcomes, optimize patient and clinician experience, and decrease the cost of care. It applies innovation principles to identify opportunities to improve the radiology experience for patients and caregivers, referring physicians, trainees, staff, and radiologists.
Faculty and Staff
Lead, Development and Innovation
Senior Application Developer
- LiveAware – engaging physicians, providers, and patients to improve screening rates for patients at risk for hepatocellular carcinoma.
- Streamlining the outpatient radiology experience – engaging with patients who have upcoming outpatient imaging appointments to provide information and education
- Improving patient experience by improving ED-radiology communication – increasing information transfer and communication between the Emergency Department and Radiology to improve patient disposition and triage in the ED
- Automated Radiology Results Tracking Engine (ARRTE) – Monitoring patients who need follow-up evaluation based on radiologist recommendations
- Reducing unnecessary gadolinium-based contrast exposure for patients with multiple sclerosis undergoing follow-up imaging.
Center for Practice Transformation
Department of Radiology
Perelman School of Medicine at the University of Pennsylvania
Donner Basement, 3400 Spruce Street, Philadelphia PA 19104
Philadelphia, PA 19104