You are probably familiar with at least some of the risk factors for cancer such as family history, age and reproductive history. You also may have heard about the discovery of certain genes that contribute to cancer risk. But how do these factors add up for you?
Our cancer risk evaluation services at Pennsylvania Hospital can:
- Help you understand what is known about risk factors for cancer.
- Answer questions and talk with you about your personal cancer related concerns.
- Help guide surgical decisions for newly diagnosed cancer patients.
- Review your family history, medical history and lifestyle risk factors.
- Talk to you about genetic testing and assist in making a decision about this option, when appropriate.
- Provide a written summary of your level of risk.
- Outline a plan for continued monitoring for early detection and personal risk reduction.
- Evaluate your eligibility to participate in research studies.
- Provide information for individuals who have been diagnosed with cancer and are interested in learning about the role of genetics in their diagnoses.
- Provides genetic counseling services.
- Provide education and support programs for individuals at high risk for cancer.
Learn what sets our cancer risk evaluation programs apart and what to expect at a cancer risk evaluation appointment.