Abramson Cancer Center treats both non-small cell and small cell lung cancer with innovative treatments and personalized plans.
At the Abramson Cancer Center, we provide a thorough evaluation for an accurate diagnosis of lung cancer and offer you a full range of immediate options for the best chance of being cured.
Our comprehensive team of lung cancer experts incorporate surgery, radiation, chemotherapy and immunotherapy to deliver integrated medicine for complex management of both non-small cell and small cell lung cancer.
In addition, Penn researchers are at the forefront of testing new surgical procedures and are pioneers in lung-sparing surgery and other advanced treatment options such as proton therapy.
All of these resources and more are provided by our Lung Cancer Program.
Novel Treatments for Lung Cancer
- Lung-sparing surgery, endoscopic stent placement and other advanced surgical options such as complex sleeve resections
- Proton therapy, CyberKnife®, Cryotherapy and other radiation therapies
- Chemotherapy and biological therapies, including immunotherapy, vaccine therapy and targeted molecular therapies
- Clinical trials of the very latest treatments for lung cancer
Personalized Treatment Plans for Each Lung Cancer Patient
Lung cancer specialists develop personalized treatment plans that often include a combination of therapies. Our experts meet weekly to make the most of each individual's treatment plan. Our team includes internationally recognized lung specialists focused on lung cancer from the following disciplines:
- Interventional Pulmonologists
- Thoracic Pathologists and Thoracic Radiologists
- Thoracic Surgeons
- Radiation Oncologists
- Medical Oncologists