On Thursday, July 21, Gift of Life will host a one-day, highly interactive learning session focused on the role critical care staff play utilizing and sharing best-demonstrated practices for referring potential organ donors to the organ procurement organization (OPO), providing support for families of potential organ donors and maximizing clinical donor management.
Time: 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Date: Thursday, July 21, 2016
Location: 401 N. 3rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19123
Who should attend?
- ICU, ER, and OR Nurses
- Social Workers
- Nurse Leaders
- Respiratory Therapists
- Anyone who may care for a potential organ donor patient
- Discuss strategies to increase the number of available transplantable organs and meet the needs of patients waiting for organ transplants.
- Describe transplant recipients' and donor family members' perspectives on donation.
- Discuss best-demonstrated practices related to timeliness of potential organ donor referrals, family support, and approaching families about organ donation opportunities.
- Describe clinical testing used to determine brain death and how it is communicated to families.
- Compare and contrast the process for donation after brain death with donation after cardiac death.
Advanced registration is required! Please register online at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/july21champ
Continuing education and contact hours are available for some nursing and respiratory care professionals. If you need additional information, please contact Jennifer Geathers at 215-557-8090 ext. 1212 or JGeathers@donors1.org