Each quarter, the Penn Medicine CAREs Grant program invites LG Health employees and Medical & Dental Staff members to apply for grants on behalf of a not-for-profit organization for which they volunteer or their individual volunteer efforts.
Penn Medicine CAREs was established to offer institutional support to individuals and programs in the form of grants that can be used for the purchase of supplies and resources needed to perform work in the community. The program supports initiatives in the Lancaster and Philadelphia communities and at the nonprofits for which employees volunteer.
LG Health is proud to have six Penn Medicine CAREs Grant recipients during the summer 2019 application period:
- Jon Echterling, CRNP, VAD coordinator, Cardiology
LVAD Patient Transportation
- Nicole Fanus, manager Compensation, Human Resources
Meals on Wheels
- Duane Furman, PA-C, Infectious Diseases
Katallasso Family Health Center
- Dawn Horst, supervisor, Healthy Beginnings Plus
Cribs for Kids
- Jo Ann Miller, CRNP, Trauma & Acute Care Surgery
Anabaptist Stop the Bleed
Lindy Newswanger, principal Trainer, IS Training
Ryan's Case for Smiles