Our team of dedicated, subspecialty trained neuroradiologists utilize state-of-the-art technology, while limiting radiation dose to the absolute minimum necessary to obtain the most precise results.
Thanks to advances in computed tomography (CT) and magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), diagnostic neuroradiology has made tremendous advances. Our Division provides the most technologically advanced imaging services including:
- MR spectroscopy - for the study of brain tumors and epilepsy
- MR and CT perfusion imaging - for the study of stroke and brain tumors
- MR and CT angiography - for the noninvasive study of the arteries that supply the brain
We also provide high level of expertise in imaging for cancers of the head and neck.
Interventional neuroradiology is a specialty within neuroradiology primarily dedicated to the treatment of disorders of the blood vessels of the neck and brain from inside the blood vessels.
Patients who may have required surgery for aneurysms, vascular malformations and tumors of the brain, spine, head and neck may be considered for treatment using a safe and effective endovascular (inside the blood vessels) approach to reach the lesion.
Advanced Spinal Imaging
Spinal dural fistulas are the most common type of spinal vascular malformations. Our neuroradiology division treats subtle spinal dural fistulas with noninvasive localization. This approach reduces the time for endovascular localization and treatment from the typical three hours to less than 30 minutes.
Additional cutting-edge spine procedures we perform include:
- Vertebroplasty - designed to alleviate the pain from spine fractures resulting from osteoporosis
- Kyphoplasty - designed to fix spinal deformities without surgery