We will help arrange for medical supplies and equipment needed to offer the best health care in the comfort and familiarity of your own home.
Our services are just a phone call away, 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Our Penn Home Palliative Care team includes:
- Your physician who remains involved in your medical care and maintains regular contact with the Penn Home Palliative Care nurse.
- A registered nurse who visits you at home regularly to make sure you are comfortable and as pain-free as possible.
- A social worker who may be available to provide additional support. Our social workers keep your friends and family informed and can offer emotional and psychosocial support.
- A home health aide who assists with personal care, such as feeding, bathing, dressing, and changing bed linens.
- Physical and occupational therapists who help you maintain your independence and adapt to physical limitations. Therapists can help increase mobility and relieve pain.
Palliative Care Support for the Entire Family
Your family and caregivers also benefit from the support of our entire team. We recognize that an advanced illness affects more than the patient. We encourage family involvement by offering education and advice.