Due to COVID-19, 4040 Market St. is closed until further notice. However, we are continuing to support individuals struggling with opioid use, as well as their loved ones:
- Talk to a Certified Recovery Specialist: (267) 809-5080
- Access our telehealth Buprenorphine service (M-F, 9-5pm): (484) 278-1679
- For all outpatient needs: (215) 662-8747
- Visit Unity Recovery for information on online/digital meetings.
Who We Are
CORE (Center for Opioid Recovery and Engagement) provides comprehensive peer support for individuals struggling with opioid use, as well as their loved ones. Our mission is to support all pathways to recovery, remove barriers, and inspire hope.
Connect with a Certified Recovery Specialist.
Our services are free for all patients, regardless of insurance. CORE is a Pennsylvania Department of Human Services designated Center of Excellence. We offer:
- Continuous peer support – We provide respectful support and guidance for individuals struggling with opioid use, as well as their loved ones. Each of our patients is connected to a certified recovery specialist to support them over the long-term. Our certified recovery specialists are peers, meaning they themselves are in recovery.
- Personalized recovery –We work with our patients to create a plan that meets their needs. We support all paths to recovery, including the use of medication. We work tirelessly to remove barriers to recovery whenever possible.
Medication-Assisted Treatment for Opioid Use
Also known as medication-assisted treatment (MAT), medications for opioid use like buprenorphine (Suboxone), methadone, and naltrexone XR (Vivitrol) are twice as effective as other treatments, and are often the best tool to help people stop using heroin and other opioids. Buprenorphine controls withdrawal and cravings and is convenient to take at home.
Contact us to see if medication-assisted treatment is right for you.
CORE operates under the Department of Psychiatry’s Outpatient Services at Penn Presbyterian Medical Center and serves all patents within Penn Medicine.
- Jeanmarie Perrone, MD – Medical Director, Professor of Emergency Medicine, Penn Health System
- Devin Yastro, MS, CAADC – Program Manager
- Margaret Lowenstein, MD, MPhil – Research Director, Fellow, National Clinician Scholars Program, Attending Physician, Department of Medicine
- M. Kit Delgado, MD, MS– Research Director, Assistant Professor of Emergency Medicine; Attending Physician, Penn Presbyterian Medical Center Emergency Department
- Kyle Kampman, MD – Medical Director, The Charles O'Brien Center for the Treatment of Addictions
- Nicole O’Donnell – Certified Recovery Specialist
- Bryant Rivera – Certified Recovery Specialist
- Kelli Murray-Garant – Certified Recovery Specialist
- Lauren Carbone, MA – Care Coordinator
- Jasmine Feagins, AA – Care Coordinator
Our services are free for all patients, regardless of insurance.
Talk to a Certified Recovery Specialist today. Call: (267) 809-5080.
- Email us: COREcares@pennmedicine.upenn.edu
- Office Hours: Monday to Friday, 8 am – 4:30 pm
- On-Call Hours: 6am to 10pm daily
- Find us on social media:
- Address: 4040 Market Street
2nd Floor, Suite 201
Philadelphia, PA 19104
Disclaimer: If you have symptoms of an urgent nature, go to the nearest emergency room immediately.
Refer a Patient
Are you a provider looking to refer a patient to CORE? Contact us.
View information about CORE for providers