As one busiest clinical transplant centers in the country, the Penn Transplant Institute at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania provides exceptional comprehensive care for the transplant recipient and outstanding fellowship opportunities for physicians interested in becoming leaders in the field of transplantation.
Transplant Fellowship Training Opportunities
Fellowship training is available in the following specialties:
- Heart transplant
- Kidney transplant
- Liver transplant
- Lung transplant
- Transplant surgery
Fellowship Training for Transplant Programs
Penn Medicine participates in the National Residency Matching Program, and its kidney and liver training programs are accredited by the American Society of Transplant Surgeons (ASTS).
We have a long history of training well-rounded transplant surgeons, with exposure to kidney, liver and pancreas transplantation as well as a busy pediatric program at the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia.
Why else should you do your transplant fellowship training at Penn? We have:
- High-volume clinical services where trainees can gain expertise with both routine and complex disorders
- Robust research programs
- The opportunity to learn alongside world-class faculty
- Dedicated faculty mentors
- Talented, accomplished fellow trainees with strong academic and leadership skills
- Facilities equipped with today’s most advanced technology
- A collaborative environment that fosters interdisciplinary cooperation throughout the institution
- A history of innovation in clinical practice and research as well as in education
- A reputation that helps graduates move on to careers at prestigious centers of excellence around the world
Find a faculty member at the Penn Transplant Institute.