This program is approved by both the American Board of Internal Medicine and the American Board of Dermatology. It is a five-year training program that allows residents to train simultaneously in internal medicine and dermatology, leading to board eligibility in both. The goal of the program is to train leaders in academic medicine with a focus on complex medical dermatology. The first year is training in internal medicine, the second year is training in dermatology, and years three to five each include six months of internal medicine and six months of dermatology. This program will provide an opportunity for applicants interested in expanding their medical training and is suited for individuals interested in the care of complex medical dermatology patients or in an academic career related to developing expertise in an area of medical dermatology. The five-year curriculum has been designed jointly by the Departments of Medicine and Dermatology under the direction of Drs. Todd Barton, MD and Victoria Werth, MD.
Application Requirements for this program are as follows. Complete applications include:
- An application to the combined Internal Medicine/Dermatology training program.
- Completed ERAS application and CV. Use the ERAS code for the combined Internal Medicine/Dermatology Residency program to designate your interest. The med/derm NRMP program code is 1628785C0
- USMLE Transcript
- Your current Curriculum Vitae
- A Dean's letter
- A letter from the applicant's institution Chair or Chair-designee for Internal Medicine
- Letter from the Chair or Chair-designee for Dermatology
- A personal statement; it is recommended that the personal statement discuss the candidate's interest in the combined program
- A transcript
- A photograph
- Applicants invited for interviews will accomplish both Medicine and Dermatology interviews on the same day. Interview selection letters usually are mailed the first week of December.
For additional information about this program, please contact Dr. Victoria Werth.
Victoria P. Werth, MD – Program Director
Robert G. Micheletti, MD – Director Hospital Dermatology
3400 Spruce Street
2 Maloney Building
Philadelphia, PA 19104