Penn offers the most comprehensive range of cardiovascular clinical services in the region.
Cardiovascular care includes preventative and consultative services, diagnostic imaging and testing, and drug therapy, heart assist devices and surgical treatment options that can be found at only a few centers across the country. Penn specialists personalize treatment plans to match the needs of each patient.
- Penn Heart and Vascular's clinical services take a fully integrated approach to cardiovascular care and disease prevention. They are designed to provide a seamless continuum of care from early prevention strategies to end-stage options.
- As a high-volume center, Penn heart and vascular specialists routinely perform procedures that may be done only occasionally at other locations. Studies have shown that Centers performing higher volumes of procedures have better patient outcomes.
- Penn physicians, nurses and clinical staff create a supportive environment for patients. They understand what it's like to be on the patient's side of the table, they listen, and they tailor recommendations and care plans to each patient's individual needs.
- Penn's cardiovascular clinicians are at the forefront of medicine. Because they teach the next generation of leaders, they are not only well-versed in the latest clinical practices today, but also are developing promising treatment options for tomorrow.
- As a national leader in basic science, translational research and clinical trials, Penn offers patients access to the latest treatment options before they are widely available elsewhere in the region.
- Penn's cardiovascular research programs are funded by the National Institutes of Health (NIH) and are at the forefront of innovation.
Explore a full directory of cardiovascular clinical services at Penn Medicine: