Sarcomas are rare, and they can be difficult to diagnose and treat. That's why it's important to go to a cancer center that specializes in complex types of sarcomas.
The Sarcoma Program at Penn Medicine's Abramson Cancer Center has one of the few medical teams in the world devoted to bone and soft-tissue sarcomas. We use the most advanced technology and treatments to pinpoint the type of cancer and spare limbs. As part of a National Cancer Institute comprehensive care center, we meet strict standards for cancer care and research - and as such, are considered leaders in the field.
Our team approach to treatment means specialists in several areas collaborate in the care of each patient and create a personalized plan to provide the most successful outcome, while focusing on your quality of life.
Conditions Treated by the Sarcoma Program
Sarcomas we treat include:
Why Penn’s Sarcoma Program Is Different
Our Sarcoma Program has a level of expertise and experience that can make a difference in your outcome.
- We offer the most advanced diagnostic testing, treatments and technologies for all types of sarcoma.
- We are home to nationally recognized experts with years of experience in diagnosing and treating sarcoma.
- We have a reputation for sensitivity and responsiveness.
- We provide personalized attention from a closely working team that includes:
- Medical oncologists
- Radiation oncologists
- Surgical oncologists
- Plastic surgeons
- Nurse practitioners who work exclusively with sarcoma patients
- Diagnostic radiologists
- Physical therapists
- Social workers
Treatments and Services Offered by the Sarcoma Program
Due to the complex nature of these kinds of cancers, complete diagnosis and treatment by a multidisciplinary team of expert cancer specialists is essential to determine the best treatment options for you.
We offer everything you need for diagnosis and treatment in one location. Learn more about treatment options and services for sarcoma patients, including: