Pennsylvania Hospital has protocols in place to maximize the safety of all who enter our hospital. These safety protocols include limiting visitors to accompany patients to appointments or see them in the hospital.
At Pennsylvania Hospital, patients are allowed to have visitors in the following special circumstances.
- Children under the age of 18 years will not be permitted to visit or accompany a patient into the building.
- Labor and delivery, including postpartum, patients: One healthy partner/support person to stay the duration of the visit.
- Neonatal intensive care and pediatric patients: Both parents/ banded support people are able to visit every day. Only one person allowed at the bedside at a time (end of life exceptions still apply). There will be no additional visitors permitted.
- Disabled or special needs patients: One healthy designated support person entering the facility one time per day.
- Non-COVID critical care and surgery patients: One healthy visitor entering the facility one time per day between the hours of 11:00am and 6:00pm.
- End-of-life patients: Maximum of two healthy visitors at the bedside.
- Discharge patients: One healthy visitor to assist with discharge.
In addition, to ensure the safety of our patients and support person, a mask must be worn at all times while in the hospital.
Visitors must remain in the patient room or at the bedside throughout their visit.
We realize that these restrictions may create challenges, and we are very sorry for any difficulties they may cause. If you have questions or concerns, please contact patient and guest relations and they can try to assist you.
When entering Pennsylvania Hospital, all patients and visitors are required to complete a health screening, which may include having your temperature checked and answering some questions about your health and any recent travel. Any visitor who is sick, has a high risk of prior exposure or has traveled from a high-risk geographical area will not be permitted to enter the hospital under any circumstances.
While you’re in Pennsylvania Hospital, visitors may have periodic monitoring.
To help maintain a healthy environment, Pennsylvania Hospital is requiring all patients and visitors to wear a face covering or mask at all times. We ask that you bring your own face covering or mask to wear. If you do not have a face covering, we will provide one.
In addition to covering your face, you should practice social distancing and try to restrict your mobility as much as possible.