The Penn Transplant Institute offers a Patient Transfer Center that is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week for expedient transfers and immediate care.
The Penn Transfer Center provides a single call solution for referring physicians and their staff to transfer patients to Penn Medicine from another health care facility. Open 24 hours a day, seven days a week, it establishes and maintains communications with referring facilities and staff throughout the patient transfer process.
Single Point of Contact for Care
The center serves as a single point of contact for:
- Clinical triage
- Bed identification
- Transfer preparations
- Inter-facility transport, including PennSTAR
- Regular patient updates
Goals for Penn Transferring Patients
Penn Transfer Center goals:
- Provide a single call solution for physicians wishing to access Penn Medicine services.
- Expedite patient transfers and ensure appropriate utilization of resources
- Use a multidisciplinary approach to patient transfer – coordinating with physicians, transfer center staff, case managers and financial counselors
How to Transfer a Patient
Call 1-877-937-7366 to use the Penn Transfer Center and transfer a patient to Penn Medicine.
Please provide the following additional information:
- Your name and phone number
- Your facility name and phone number
- Patient name, age, diagnosis and services required
A patient transfer coordinator will coordinate:
- Communication with a Penn Medicine attending physician
- Reporting among Penn Medicine physicians, nurses, case managers, financial counselors and other team members
- Paperwork associated with patient admission
- Bed assignment and clinical documentation requirements
- Patient arrival status