In the United States, it is estimated that more than 46 million unpaid caregivers provide care to someone who is ill or has a disability. Many of these caregivers may have difficulty finding time for themselves, managing emotional and physical stress, and balancing work and family responsibilities. We opened the Family Caregiver Center in 2014 to better support the health and well-being of these amazing individuals who are caring for loved ones at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania. The Family Caregiver Center is a space for families and caregivers to relax and unwind during a loved one’s hospital stay.
Where to Find Us
- Location: Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, Ravdin 1
(in the Dr. Bernett L. Johnson Jr. Mezzanine at the top of the escalator)
- Hours: Monday to Friday: 8:30 am to 5 pm
- Contact: 215-662-4898
Services and Amenities
The Center offers a wide variety of services that are free of charge to help you during your time.
- Fresh coffee, tea, and cold water all day
- A massage chair in our private respite room
- Business center with computers, printers, copy/scan/fax machine, and phones chargers
- Area for kids with stuffed animals, games, toys, and coloring books
- Library with a wide selection of books for your enjoyment
- Information about the Care Partners Showers, including codes and directions
- Passes that can be purchased to the University of Penn gyms
The Center has a wonderful group of friendly volunteers to talk with that have experience with caregiving and can offer a listening ear. They are happy to help or offer support in any way they can.
Learn more about our volunteer programs or find out how to become a volunteer yourself by visiting: