Sometimes to find the best care possible transplant patients and their families travel far from home. With the incredible generosity of our volunteers and donors, we are able to offer patients a home away from home.
Volunteering at the Clyde F. Barker Penn Transplant House is an opportunity to share your time and talent with our patients and families who are so grateful for the warmth and hospitality that we offer.
- Make a meal through our Guest Chefs program. You can do this with your friends or coworkers. We have an incredibly well-equipped kitchen—what could be better than making a meal and sharing it?
- Offer some hours per month to support our staff in the many tasks required to keep our house running. All individual volunteers must be approved by, and complete training with, the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania’s Volunteer Services Department.
If interested in helping out, please contact house manager Kirsten King at 215-662-4540 or Kirsten.King@uphs.upenn.edu.
The Penn Transplant House relies on the generosity of individuals, community organizations, foundations and corporations to support its services and programs.
Make a Gift
Monetary gifts can be made by individuals or as part of a combined effort. In addition, there are prominent public spaces and guest rooms available for naming in the House. We are thankful for your support in this practical and critical way.
To make a gift, please complete the secure online form
You may also make a check payable to "Trustees of the University of Pennsylvania" and send to:
Penn Medicine Development and Alumni Relations
3535 Market Street, Suite 750
Philadelphia, PA 19104
Donate an Item
You may donate specific items to help us transform the space from a house to a home. We are currently in need of:
- Credenza (with storage cabinets, for Education Center)
- Desks (12, for Guest rooms, wooden, espresso color)
- Disinfectant Wipes
- Drinking Glasses (16 oz.)
- Dry Erase Boards & markers (12, 11” x14”)
- Gift Cards for Guests (Fresh Grocer, WaWa, Dunkin Donuts)
- Luggage Holders (12, for Guest rooms)
- Magazine Rack
- Refrigerator Baskets (12 needed, 8”x 4”x 14.5”)
- Shower Caddies
- Sponge Holders (3, for kitchen sinks)
- Throw Blankets (earth tones, machine-washable)
If you have any questions about the wish list, please contact house manager, Kirsten King, at 215-662-4540 or Kirsten.King@uphs.upenn.edu. Donations can be delivered directly to the Clyde F. Barker Penn Transplant House at 3940 Spruce Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104.