Free Mammograms for Un- and Under-insured Women
Awareness and early detection are key in the fight against breast cancer. The Penn Medicine Breast Health Initiative is a patient navigation program. We offer free breast cancer screening and diagnostic services to those who are 40 years and older, and uninsured or under-insured.
- 40 years of age or older
The Penn Medicine Breast Health Initiative provides free:
- Screening mammograms
- Diagnostic mammograms
- Breast ultrasounds
- Breast biopsies
We believe everyone should have access to breast screenings. We offer support services including:
- Patient navigation services and breast health education
- Referrals for free cervical cancer screening and diagnostic services
- Assistance connecting with a health insurance enrollment specialist
- In-person language interpreters at appointments as needed
- Public transportation tokens to assist in getting to and from appointments
Our services are available at every Penn Medicine location.
Make an Appointment
To learn more or make an appointment, please call Emily Verderame, MPH at 215-454-3217.
To refer a patient, please send an EPIC message to Emily Verderame, MPH.
To refer a patient, please complete the referral form and fax it to Emily Verderame, MPH at 215-829-8454. Please include the patient's medical script (if available).
A Valuable Partnership
Susan G. Komen Philadelphia and the Pennsylvania Department of Health’s Healthy Woman Program support the Penn Medicine Breast Health Initiative.
Learn more about our program.