Penn Fertility Care provides financial assistance to those who have been affected by cancer and are interested in fertility preservation.
Cancer affects people of all ages, including men and women of childbearing age. All of the standard therapies for cancer, including surgery, radiation therapy and chemotherapy, can have negative effects on fertility. Cancer patients often look for fertility preservation treatment options; however, cost can be an issue.
Fertile Hope and LIVESTRONG Join Forces
Fertile Hope, a national nonprofit organization dedicated to providing reproductive information, support and hope to cancer patients and survivors, is now a part of Livestrong. Livestrong's commitment to fertility combined with its infrastructure and resources make it an ideal partner to carry forward the Fertile Hope mission.
Together, Livestrong and Fertile Hope can achieve more around cancer and fertility than either organization could alone. In recognizing that dealing with infertility is a significant component of cancer survivorship, Livestrong is committing its resources to the following through this acquisition:
- Providing patient education on cancer-related infertility and parenthood after cancer
- Improving the informed consent process between the patient and the healthcare professional to include discussion of the risk of infertility with cancer therapy
- Maintaining relationships within the reproductive community
- Increasing access to fertility services for those diagnosed with cancer through financial assistance
- Providing emotional support services to cancer survivors dealing with infertility
- Increasing access to fertility services through policy reform
- Increasing cancer research funding for survivorship issues, including fertility
Livestrong created the Fertility Advisory Committee to advise the organization on how best to address the reproductive needs of cancer survivors through its programmatic and policy activities, including guidance regarding the continuation and integration of Fertile Hope's programs.
For more information contact LIVESTRONG SurvivorCare toll-free Monday through Friday from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm CST at 866-965-7205 or visit www.livestrong.org/we-can-help.
Penn Fertility Care also provides services specific to the reproductive needs of the cancer patient via our Oncofertility Program.