If you've recently had oral and maxillofacial surgery, your doctor may choose to complete follow up appointments via mobile video through myPennMedicine.
This service connects you directly to your participating care team via a networked device such as a laptop, tablet or phone from the convenience of your home, work, or wherever you may be.
Your healthcare provider will determine if a virtual visit is right for you and provide you the information and instructions to set up the appointment.
A virtual visit with your Penn provider may include:
- General follow up
- Pain assessment and management
- Symptom review
- Healing process review
- Wound incision care
- Medication management
- Next steps
For more information and to determine if you are eligible, please call 800-789-7366.
Services & Eligibility
- Only patients who reside within Pennsylvania are eligible at this time
- Virtual visit between patient and provider
- Appropriate for low risk Temporomandibular joint (TMJ) surgical procedures
Not all Penn Medicine providers offer telemedicine services. Please contact your provider to determine if he/she participates and check back periodically as more providers are being added monthly.
Learn more about Connected Care
Benefits of Virtual Visit
Penn Medicine makes it easier to connect with your healthcare providers and seek treatment for many types of conditions and illnesses. The benefits of connecting remotely abound.
- Patients can skip waiting rooms and traveling to/from appointments, a benefit especially valuable for those with chronic conditions.
- Improved access
- More efficient evaluation and consultation means more availability for busy providers.
- Lower healthcare costs
- Telemedicine offers potential savings for patients and providers.
- No geographic restrictions
- Services are available from anywhere in the world (in accordance with laws of patient’s state/country.)