Through Penn Connected Care, a telemedicine program that connects patients directly to participating Penn medical providers via a networked device, patients who have undergone a low risk neurosurgical procedure can now get a follow up appointment at the click of a button.
If you are eligible, your visit can be conducted via a laptop, tablet or phone from the convenience of your home, work, or wherever you may be.
The virtual visit is appropriate for:
- Patients with trigeminal neuralgia
- Surgery evaluation or follow up
- Pain assessment
- Medication management
For more information or to schedule a virtual visit, please call 800-789-7366.
Services & Eligibility
- Virtual visit between eligible patient and participating provider
- Low risk neurosurgical procedures
Not all Penn Medicine providers offer telemedicine services. Please contact your provider to determine if he/she participates and check back periodically as more providers are being added monthly.
Learn more about Connected Care
Benefits of Virtual Visit
Penn Medicine makes it easier to connect with your healthcare providers and seek treatment for many types of conditions and illnesses. The benefits of connecting remotely abound.
- Patients can skip waiting rooms and traveling to/from appointments, a benefit especially valuable for those with chronic conditions.
- Improved access
- More efficient evaluation and consultation means more availability for busy providers.
- Lower healthcare costs
- Telemedicine offers potential savings for patients and providers.
- No geographic restrictions
- Services are available from anywhere in the world (in accordance with laws of patient’s state/country.)