Pulmonary Diagnostics and Second Opinions
Living with a respiratory illness or lung disease can be frustrating, both physically, mentally and emotionally. You often suffer severe, debilitating symptoms that can make normal day-to-day activities feel like overwhelming and taxing pursuits.
Our physicians have a wealth of experience in diagnosing and treating complex lung diseases and illnesses. A full array of specialists work closely with you to reach a correct diagnosis, find the best available treatment and manage symptoms so you can achieve the best quality of life. If you've received a difficult diagnosis, we can offer comprehensive pulmonology diagnostics and thoughtful second opinions.
Making an Accurate Diagnosis
Diagnosing respiratory illness can be a complex process because:
- A broad range of diseases cause respiratory illness and often have similar symptoms.
- Multiple organs contribute to respiratory health, including the lungs, heart, muscles and blood. It can be difficult to determine where the illness started.
- Chest radiology and lung biopsies, two frequently used diagnostic tests, can be complicated to interpret.
Research has shown that for many lung diseases, the best diagnosis is made when the pulmonologist, radiologist and pathologist work together to review symptoms and test results. At the Harron Lung Center, the region's best physicians in each of these specialties review and discuss cases together, reaching the most accurate diagnosis as a team.
Patient Focus and Thoughtful Care
Our physicians and staff understand the difficulties of living with a respiratory illness. You'll have your own treatment team who will work closely with you throughout the care process. You can expect a review of your complete medical history and thorough explanations of your specific illness and overall respiratory health. Your physicians will take time to listen to your concerns and answer your questions.
Physicians will also review management options and work with you to develop individualized treatment plans to help you:
- Improve your respiratory health
- Understand your future and what it means to live with your disease
- Return to as active a life as possible
In This Section
The pulmonary diagnostics and second opinions team provides expertise for people with lung disorders.