Learn the tests and tools we use to diagnose endocrine disorders.
Penn endocrinologists are specially trained to diagnose and evaluate people with endocrine disorders including adrenal disorders, osteoporosis, polycystic ovary syndrome and hyperparathyroidism.
These tests and tools are used to diagnose and evaluate endocrine disorders:
- CT scan
- Dual-energy X-ray absorptiometry (DXA)
- Nuclear medicine studies
- Parathyroid ultrasound
- Post-thyroidectomy ultrasound
- Thyroglobulin stimulation studies
- Thyroid ultrasound
- Ultrasound-guided fine needle aspiration
Endocrinology Services and Treatment
Penn endocrinologists and clinicians provide treatments and services to help patients with thyroid disorders manage their conditions and develop healthy, normal lifestyles.
- Penn offers patients these treatments and services for endocrine disorders:Medical oncology
- Radioactive iodine therapy
- Thyrogen (rhTSH) administration