Learn about the social services that Penn Medicine provides for the issues and concerns that may arise while receiving treatment for diabetes.
Social workers at the Penn Rodebaugh Diabetes Center and at Pennsylvania Hospital can help patients with a number of issues and concerns that may arise while receiving treatment for diabetes.
Social workers may help patients:
- Learn about insurance coverage
- Find support groups and counseling
- Assist with transportation
- Provide access to medication coverage and information about prescription plans
- Help navigate Medicare coverage
- Face financial issues
Diabetes Support Groups at Penn
The Penn Rodebaugh Diabetes Center hosts monthly support group meetings for people with diabetes.
Meeting topics include:
- Healthy eating
- Managing blood sugar
- Conditions related to diabetes
- Interpreting test results
Support groups are also a way for patients to connect with other people who have diabetes. Support groups are held every month except for July, August and January.
For more information about support groups at Penn, call 800-789-PENN (7366).