Exemplary professional practice allows nurses to work in an environment where autonomy and accountability help define quality patient care and best practices at Penn Medicine.
Across Penn Medicine the principles of exemplary professional practice are:
- Skilled communication
- Professional evidence-based practice
- Resource stewardship
- Life-long learning and caring
Penn nurses express pride and satisfaction in the fact that:
- The medical treatment their patients receive is state-of-the-art.
- They have all the resources of a top academic medical center at their disposal.
- They are empowered to improve patient care at the unit level and beyond.
- Penn Medicine is constantly exploring and innovating to advance nursing practice, based on rigorous research.
- They enjoy high staffing levels, strong leadership and support.