Penn's Renal-Electrolyte and Hypertension Division is a leader in the field of nephrology, providing exceptional patient care, having pioneered leading-edge diagnostic techniques and innovative treatments.
Our Renal-Electrolyte and Hypertension Division at Penn Medicine has been established as a leader in the field of nephrology, pioneering leading-edge diagnostic techniques and innovative treatments. We offer patients comprehensive health care options to treat their kidney (renal) disease and greatly improve their quality of life.
Penn's Renal Division consists of the following:
- An international reputation for implementing specialized diagnostic techniques and has expertise in performing and interpreting kidney biopsies
- Exceptional experience in diagnosing and treating patients with rare and complex renal disorders, including those with combined heart and kidney disease
- One of a select group of kidney and pancreas transplant programs to receive a Silver Level Award from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS)
- The third hypertension program in the nation to receive accreditation from the American Society of Hypertension (ASH) as a Designated Comprehensive Hypertension Center
- Home to experienced physicians with national and regional reputations, recognized in Philadelphia Magazine's Top Docs™ list year after year
- Takes an active role in educating fellows and nephrologists nationwide
- Recognizes the need for diversity in the biomedical workforce and recruits and retains physicians and other health care professionals who represent our diverse patient population, strengthening the quality of our program and enhancing our overall clinical, research and educational mission
- Participates in cutting-edge research to further advance our understanding of renal disease
- Applies a multidisciplinary approach to care, collaborating with top specialists in every field across the health system
Penn nephrologists are dedicated to empowering their patients to make choices that are right for them. Our physicians ensure patients are educated on all of their treatment options.
Patients who choose Penn receive the following:
- Specialized one-on-one attention and care from compassionate physicians who work to achieve their patients' particular treatment goals and desires
- A full range of comprehensive treatment options
- Individualized treatment plans tailored to their unique needs
- Compassionate care from experts who are the best in their field
- Care at modern facilities equipped with the latest technology
- Comprehensive follow up care with access to on-call physicians and nurses around the clock
- Additional support from experienced nurses, nutritionists and social workers
In This Section
Penn's Renal-Electrolyte and Hypertension Division maintains a broad commitment to patient care, research in clinical medicine and scholarly enterprise.
The Renal-Electrolyte and Hypertension Division has a long, rich tradition in pioneering breakthrough diagnostic techniques and treatments in the field of nephrology.
View upcoming conferences and events provided by the Renal-Electrolyte and Hypertension Division.