The Junior Volunteer Program at Pennsylvania Hospital provides students who are at least 14 years old with career exposure to a variety of healthcare professions.
Each summer, the Volunteer Services Office at Pennsylvania Hospital offers the Student Ambassador Program for students (ages 14 to 17). Teens who participate in this summer program receive a behind-the-scenes look at health care careers. The program targets high school students who may be interested in pursuing a career in health care, but all students are invited to apply.
Upon completion of the minimum requirements, you will receive a certificate and letter confirming your hours of service. Teens who participate in this summer program receive a behind-the-scenes look at health care careers. You will also have the opportunity to make new friends, learn new things, help others and have fun!
- Program Dates: June 23, 2017 to August 25, 2017
- Completed Application Deadline: May 5, 2017
- Pick-up Application Form: You can obtain an application at the Volunteer Services Office, North Gatehouse from Monday through Friday between the hours of 7:30 am and 4 pm. If you are unable to visit the office, the application can be mailed to you. Please call and request a Student Ambassador Summer Application. Leave your name, address, and telephone number. For any additional information, please contact the Volunteer Services Office at 215-829-5187.
- Student Placement: Placement will be made according to the availability of sites in the student's area of interest, and once the interview and all appropriate paperwork are completed.
- Complete application
- Complete medical documentation/health screening
- Interview with Director of Volunteer Services
- Attend orientation/training
- Commitment of 50 hours of service and consistent attendance
- Uniform and dress standards