The Junior Volunteer program at Pennsylvania Hospital provides students who are at least 14 years old with career exposure to a variety of healthcare professions.
Each summer, the Volunteer Services Office at Pennsylvania Hospital offers the Student Ambassador Program for students (ages 14-17). Teens who participate in this summer program receive a behind-the-scenes look at health care careers. You will also have the opportunity to make new friends, learn new things, help others and have fun. The program targets high school students who may be interested in pursuing a career in health care, but all students are invited to apply.
Upon completion of the program you will receive a certificate and letter confirming your hours of service.
What To Know
- Pick-up Application Form: You can obtain an application at the Volunteer Services Office, North Gatehouse Monday through Friday between the hours of 8 am and 4 pm. If you are unable to visit the office, an application can be mailed to you. Please call 215-829-5187 to request a summer application.
- Program Dates: 2021 To Be Determined
- Completed Application Deadline: TBD
- Student Placement: Placement will be made according to the availability of sites in the student's area of interest and once the interview and all appropriate paperwork are completed.
- Complete application
- Interview with Director of Volunteer Services
- Complete medical documentation/health screening
- Attend orientation/training
- Uniform and dress standards
- Commit to entire length of program and consistent attendance