You would make a great volunteer if...
- You are an enrolled undergraduate with an interest in pursuing a career in healthcare.
- You have a proactive demeanor and selfless mindset.
- You have a professional and positive attitude.
- You can commit to one 4-hour shift per week during a given session.
We offer volunteers...
- Experience supporting patients, caregivers and staff on inpatient care units.
- Exposure to professionals administering patient care in a premier hospital.
- Service to the community.
- An opportunity to gain a letter of recommendation for participation in an elite hospital program.
What volunteers may do...
- Converse with patients
- Stock medical supplies
- Change bed linens
- Organize clinical documents
- Conduct infection control audits
- Transport patients via wheelchair
- Prepare patient rooms for meal time
- Observe day-to-day activities on a patient care unit
- Interact with hospital staff including physicians, nurses and advanced practices providers
We do not provide...
- Shadowing opportunities.
- Reimbursement for costs associated with the volunteer application process or program.
- Free parking.
- Medical or clinical training.
- Course credits or internships.
To volunteer you must...
- Submit an application, which is not complete until documentation for Step 2 is submitted.
- Provide you immunization/vaccination records.
- MMR – Measles, Mumps, rubella
- Varicella – Chicken pox
- TB test within 90 days of your start date
- Flu vaccination the Spring Session only
- Call the Volunteer Services office to dictate your social security number
- Attend orientation prior to the start date
- Complete a background check
- Pass on-line training modules
When may I apply?
- Fall Session (September-December) - Applications open in June
- Spring Session (January-May) - Applications open in October
- Summer Session TBD
* All sessions will close when all assignments have been filled or one week prior to orientation
I have read and understand all above information and wish to apply.
- As a reminder, applications are not considered complete unless you have submitted a current Immunization History and TB Screening form. Download the Immunization History & TB Screening Forms
- The Summer 2020 session has been cancelled. Check back for new volunteer opportunities in the Fall.