The Family Caregiver Center is here to help. The Center is here to meet caregiver's needs and provide resources. Our center is open for caregivers to come relax and unwind during a loved one's hospitalization.
In the United States, it is estimated that more than 46 million unpaid caregivers provide care to someone who is ill or has a disability. Caregivers report having difficulty finding time for one's self, managing emotional and physical stress, and balancing work and family responsibilities.
Opened in 2014, the Family Caregiver Center supports the health and well-being of family caregivers who provide unpaid care for a loved one; spouse, family member, friend, or neighbor during an acute or chronic illness.
- Location: Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania
Ravdin 1 (in the Dr. Bernett L. Johnson Jr. Mezzanine at the top of the escalator)
- Hours: Monday-Friday: 8:30 am to 5 pm
Supporting the Caregiver
- Healing: At the Family Caregiver Center our focus is on the family caregiver. We offer a healing environment, with a library of caregiver resources and trained volunteers to assist you during your loved one's hospitalization — people who have been in your shoes and can provide a listening ear.
- Relaxing: The Center is a place of respite and relaxation. There is a massage chair where you can take some time to rest, reflect, and recharge. In this room, there is soothing music playing, aromatherapy, and privacy.
- Free of Charge: All of our facilities are free of charge, including refreshments, phones, and computers. You also have access to printing, faxing, copying, and scanning. Finally, we can provide you with shower facility codes, phone chargers, and most importantly, a supportive and quiet environment.