If you are scheduled for a low-risk urologic surgical procedure or have recently undergone one, including a prostactectomy, you may be eligible for a virtual visit with a Penn provider for your three to four month follow up.
This service is available through our telemedicine program for patients who are considered low-risk with no complications and based on your geographic location and condition.
All you need is a networked device such as a laptop, tablet or phone and you will be able to connect to your appointment.
Via the Penn patient portal, myPennMedicine, you can connect with a provider to discuss:
- Any symptoms associated with your recovery
- How you are healing
- Have medications prescribed or refilled
Contact us today to determine if you are eligible for a virtual visit, 800-789-7366.
Services & Eligibility
- Virtual visit between patient and provider
- Low risk genitourinary surgical procedures
Not all Penn Medicine providers offer telemedicine services. Please contact your provider to determine if he/she participates and check back periodically as more providers are being added monthly.
Learn more about Connected Care
Benefits of Virtual Visit
Penn Medicine makes it easier to connect with your healthcare providers and seek treatment for many types of conditions and illnesses. The benefits of connecting remotely abound.
- Patients can skip waiting rooms and traveling to/from appointments, a benefit especially valuable for those with chronic conditions.
- Improved access
- More efficient evaluation and consultation means more availability for busy providers.
- Lower healthcare costs
- Telemedicine offers potential savings for patients and providers.
- No geographic restrictions
- Services are available from anywhere in the world (in accordance with laws of patient’s state/country.)