We work closely with gastroenterologists, surgeons, internists, and other physicians to evaluate and diagnose GI conditions.
The GI imaging studies we conduct include:
- Barium swallows (esophagrams), for difficulty swallowing or reflux symptoms
- Upper GI studies, for indigestion, pain, vomiting, or other upper GI condition
- Small bowel follow-through studies (with barium), for abdominal pain, diarrhea, or unexplained GI bleeding
- Barium enemas, for rectal bleeding, colonic symptoms, or colon cancer screening
- Defecography, for constipation or defecation disorders
For many studies, we use a "double contrast" technique that enables us to detect more subtle GI abnormalities than conventional barium studies allow for.
Our GI radiologists have broad experience and are leaders in the field. They have collaborated on original research and co-edited major textbooks on GI radiology.
Additional Services Available
In addition to GI imaging, our physicians are also skilled in:
- Modified pharyngoesophagrams, procedures performed in conjunction with a speech pathologist to help patients with neurologic disorders that affect swallowing
- Laparoscopic gastric band adjustments, conducted with a bariatric surgeon or nurse practitioner, to change size of gastric pouch
- Water-soluble contrast or barium studies, performed after GI tract surgery, to detect postoperative complications
You Might Also Be Interested In..