The Center for Opioid Recovery and Engagement (CORE) provides comprehensive peer support for individuals struggling with opioid use and their loved ones. Our mission is to provide excellent patient care that supports multiple pathways to recovery by removing barriers and facilitating access to recovery resources. We offer hands-on medical and behavioral help to ensure these individuals receive continued treatment and are supported within their communities.
CORE is a Pennsylvania Department of Human Services designated Center of Excellence.
Our services are free for all patients, regardless of insurance.
Opioid Recovery Services
We offer the following opioid use disorder (OUD) recovery services:
- Continuous Peer Support: Our OUD Care Team is made up of Certified Recovery Specialists (CRS) who use their personal OUD experiences to provide participants with long-term guidance for recovery.
- Personalized Recovery: We work with participants to create a plan that meets their individual needs. We support all paths to recovery, including the use of medication, and work tirelessly to remove barriers to recovery whenever possible.
- Enhanced Case Management Services: We provide assistance with obtaining housing, education, social service needs, support groups and access to treatment.
Medication-Assisted Treatment for Opioid Use
Participants have access to medication-assisted treatment (MAT), if desired. Medications for opioid use like buprenorphine (Suboxone) and naltrexone XR (Vivitrol) are twice as effective as other treatments, and are often the best tool to help people stop using heroin and other opioids. Buprenorphine controls withdrawal and cravings and is convenient to take at home.
Care for Overdose Survivors
To fight the opioid epidemic plaguing Philadelphia and the State of Pennsylvania, we have partnered with the Department of Drug and Alcohol Programs (DDAP) to seamlessly transition opioid overdose survivors from emergency medical care to OUD treatment.
Talk with a certified recovery specialist:
- Phone: 267-809-5080
On-Call Hours: 6 am to 12 am daily
- Email: COREcares@pennmedicine.upenn.edu
Office Hours: Monday to Friday, 8 am to 4:30 pm
- Address: 4040 Market Street
2nd Floor, Suite 220, Office 2-160
Philadelphia, PA 19104
- Find us on Twitter:
Disclaimer: If you have symptoms of an urgent nature, go to the nearest emergency room immediately.
Refer a Patient
Are you a provider looking to refer a patient to CORE? Submit the CORE Contact Form.
Learn more about CORE for providers