Our holistic philosophy takes a pro-active approach to pain and symptom management and recognizes that pain extends beyond the physical. We address the symptoms of each patient's illness as well as the emotional and spiritual concerns of the patient, caregiver and family – assisting patients and loved ones with the challenges that come with death and dying.
Hospice care provides a way for patients to take control of their life and treatment, encouraging them to take an active role in the important medical and legal decisions that affect them and those around them. Our multidisciplinary hospice team provides a wide range of care and support, allowing patients to live out their final months comfortably, in control, and with the dignity and respect they deserve.
Patients rely on Penn Medicine Hospice to provide:
- Home health aides to help with bathing, dressing and feeding
- Trained volunteers to provide companionship and assist with errands
- Skilled nursing care for aggressive pain and symptom management
- 24-hour on-call support
- Counseling and bereavement support, including a specialized program for children
- Spiritual support for patients of all faiths
- Arrangement of respite services
- State-of-the-art inpatient unit, Penn Hospice at Rittenhouse
In addition to hospice care, our Penn Home Palliative Care program provides continued curative care for patients with a life-limiting illness.
Payment for Services
Penn Medicine Hospice services are billed to Medicare/Medicaid or other insurance on a per-diem basis. Most insurance is accepted.
Penn Medicine Hospice serves patients and their families in Philadelphia, Chester, Delaware, Bucks and Montgomery counties.
150 Monument Road, Suite 300
Bala Cynwyd, PA 19004
For More Information
Please call 800-700-8807 or email us at PMHospiceReferrals@pennmedicine.upenn.edu.
For information about all services provided by Penn Medicine, call 800-789-7366 (PENN).
Opportunities to Give
Make a gift to the Penn Medicine Hospice Friends Fund.
Make a Gift