Since 1982, Wissahickon Hospice has provided compassionate care for patients with life-limiting conditions both on location and wherever they call home.
Patients rely on Wissahickon Hospice to provide:
- Home health aides to help with bathing, dressing and feeding
- Trained volunteers to provide companionship and assist with errands
- Skilled nursing care for aggressive pain and symptom management
- 24-hour on-call support
- Counseling and bereavement support, including a specialized program for children
- Spiritual support for patients of all faiths
- Arrangement of respite services
- A state-of-the-art inpatient unit, Penn Hospice at Rittenhouse, designed exclusively for acute hospice care.
In addition to hospice care, our Caring Way program provides continued curative care for patients with a life-limiting illness. Patients who are used to living independently may be eligible for our Living Alone program, which does not require a live-in caregiver.
Payment for Services
Wissahickon Hospice services are billed to Medicare/Medicaid or other insurance on a per-diem basis. Most insurance is accepted.
Wissahickon Hospice serves patients and their families in Philadelphia, Chester, Delaware, Bucks and Montgomery counties. Our office is located at:
150 Monument Road
Bala Cynwyd, PA 19004
For More Information
Please call 800-700-8807 or email us at email@example.com. For information about all services provided by Penn Medicine, call 800-789-7366 (PENN).
In This Section
The Wissahickon Hospice team is committed to providing the best in quality services and easing the journey through end of life for each and every patient and family in our care.
Wissahickon Hospice provides each volunteer with the training and tools needed to join the rest of the hospice team in providing the highest quality of services to families and the community.
Your gift to Penn Homecare and Hospice Services helps us provide high-quality, compassionate care to patients in need. Every gift helps.
View a list of commonly asked questions about Hospice Care through Penn Medicine.
Instructions for medical professionals to refer patients to the Wissahickon Hospice/Caring Way programs.