Cardiology by Women, for Women
As a woman, you may experience cardiovascular health differently than men. Not only are do women face unique issues, like cardiovascular complications during pregnancy, but symptoms of heart disease may be different than what men face.
To address these differences, the Penn Women's Cardiovascular Center was designed specifically to meet the challenges of accurately diagnosing and treating heart disease in women.
Cardiology Before, During and After Pregnancy
While the Women's Cardiovascular Center treats all women, we take a special interest in women before, during and after pregnancy.
If you're a woman at high-risk for heart complications during pregnancy, we specialize in serving your unique needs.
Our conveniently located, woman-centered care offers:
- Risk assessment and preconception counseling for women with heart disease who wish to become pregnant
- Identifying and treating heart disease during pregnancy
- High risk pregnancy cardiac care
- Advanced cardiac imaging during pregnancy including Cardiac MRI
- Postpartum care for patients who faced pregnancy issues
- Pregnancy induced hypertension (Gestational Hypertension)
- Pregnancy induced diabetes (Gestational Diabetes)
Our center works closely with community doctors to coordinate our patient's care. We communicate with each woman's primary care physician, obstetrician and gynecologist to deliver a personalized and complete health care program.
Specialized Cardiac Risk Assessments for Every Woman
At the Penn Women's Cardiovascular Center, we recognize that each patient is unique and has her own story and medical history. No matter what your situation, doctors at the Women's Cardiovascular Center will tailor a care plan just for you.
And while we cater our cardiovascular services to every woman, we also provide specialized cardiac care to women experiencing:
- Coronary artery disease
- STEMI (ST-segment elevation myocardial infarction)
- NSTEMI (Non-ST-segment elevation myocardial infarction)
- ACS (Acute Coronary Syndrome)
- Perimenopause and menopause
- Obesity and bariatric surgery
- Cancer treatments
Woman-Centered Care, Conveniently Located
The Women's Cardiovascular Center specialists at Penn are thoroughly versed in:
- How women experience cardiovascular disease
- Women's unique physiology and life stages
- The newest diagnostic and treatment techniques to improve women's outcomes
Specialists from the Women's Cardiovascular Center are located at:
- The Perelman Center for Advanced Medicine
- Penn Cardiac Care at Radnor