Successfully treating pulmonary hypertension and pulmonary arterial hypertension (PAH) is a team effort, requiring an experienced group that can develop the right plan for you. Our Pulmonary Hypertension/Pulmonary Vascular Disease Program is one of the most experienced in the region and internationally recognized for our expertise.
- We are the only Pulmonary Hypertension Association-accredited Center of Comprehensive Care in the region. This means we treat all cases, from those that are recently diagnosed to those that are more advanced.
- Our pulmonary hypertension physicians, thoracic surgeons, radiologists and lung pathologists are some of the best doctors in the region, with a 20-year history of collaborative practice.
Since there are many possible causes for pulmonary hypertension, accurate diagnosis is critical. Penn physicians work closely with each patient to diagnose and access your condition, and create a personalized plan based on your individual need.
Best in Quality Care
Penn physicians are able to provide quality care because:
- Our pulmonary hypertension specialists are board certified in internal medicine, cardiovascular disease and/or pulmonary disease.
- We provide consultation and training and lecture for medical professionals in Philadelphia and around the world.
- We are regularly acknowledged for their talent by both peers and consumers and have been recognized by Best Doctors in America, Philadelphia Magazine's Top Docs™ and America’s Top Doctors.
- They have more than 60 years combined experience in caring for patients with pulmonary hypertension and other forms of pulmonary vascular disease.
Active Research Programs
Researchers at Penn are engaged in basic and clinical scientific research to investigate pulmonary hypertension and to discover new treatments and potential cures.
Clinical studies include:
- NIH- and industry-sponsored clinical trials of new medications for pulmonary vascular disease.
- Research into the genetic factors which are determinants of pulmonary hypertension.
- Investigation of symptoms and physical activity in patients with pulmonary hypertension.