First Opinions, Second Opinions, New Options for Patients with Complex Heart Problems
Penn's Primary Cardiology Program offers all patients with cardiovascular disease or suspected cardiovascular disease access to the highest level of specialization and medical expertise in the region. Consultative cardiologists see both self-referred and physician-referred patients.
A Comprehensive Range of Expertise
Penn cardiologists address the full range of cardiovascular conditions and symptoms including:
- Abnormal heart rhythms
- Angina (chest pain)
- Coronary artery disease
- Microvascular coronary artery disease (Disease of the finer blood vessels in the body, including the capillaries)
- Heart failure
- Heart valve disorders
- Heart disease with unique characteristics including those that are related to race, gender, ethnicity, age and co-existing conditions.
A Track Record of Success with the Most Complex Conditions
Unique capabilities have made Penn Medicine a national second opinion and referral center, known for expertise in:
- Diagnosing difficult heart conditions.
- Helping to manage patients with complex cardiovascular problems.
- Providing new hope for patients who may previously have been considered untreatable.
Individualized, Coordinated Care Plans
Consultation services are tailored to the needs of the patients and the referring doctors to coordinate an optimal and seamless approach to care.
Experience patients can rely on
As a high-volume center, Penn cardiologists routinely see patients with conditions that may be seen only occasionally at other locations. Higher volumes often translate to:
- More accurate diagnoses
- Optimum selection of tests, medications or procedures
- Better outcomes
Consultative cardiology physicians also serve on Penn's faculty, teaching the next generation of cardiac and vascular specialists. They remain well versed in the latest in clinical practice today as well as promising options on the horizon for tomorrow.
Physicians with credentials that translate to the best in quality care
Penn physicians are able to provide quality care because:
- Penn's consultative cardiologists are board-certified in cardiovascular medicine.
- They provide consultation and training for other medical professionals around the world.
- They are regularly recognized for their talent by both peers and consumers and have been recognized by Best Doctors in America, Philadelphia magazine's “Top Docs” and America's Top Doctors.
A commitment to accessible care
Our cardiologists can be reached 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for emergency cardiovascular patient care. New patient appointments are accommodated within 48 hours.
In This Section
Penn Medicine cardiologists provide treatment for the full spectrum of cardiovascular conditions.
Related Programs & Services
Related Departments & Divisions