Smoking Cessation Program
We understand that tobacco dependence is treated as a medical condition that needs to be controlled, just like asthma or diabetes. Our comprehensive smoking treatment program provides a supportive, encouraging environment and a team of health care professionals who don't rely on fear or shame to motivate you to quit.
We can help you quit smoking by designing plans to meet your individual, specific needs. Our team collaborates with you to find the right combination of treatments to help you quit both safely and successfully.
Treatment plans may include:
- Nicotine replacement therapy
- Strategies to assist with weight control and stress reduction
Even if you feel defeated because you've relapsed, struggled during previous attempts at quitting or suffer from smoking-related problems, you should know that the our personalized approach to smoking cessation has already worked for hundreds of people just like you.
The Path to Quitting Smoking for Good
After making your appointment, you will:
- Undergo an initial evaluation and management visit with a physician
- Work with a physician to develop a quit plan
- Meet with a counselor to focus on stress reduction or weight control, if appropriate
- Learn about medications to help control cravings
- Schedule follow-up visits
All services are reimbursed by most major insurance carriers.
If You Have Smoking-Related Medical Issues
We also offer treatment for lung cancer and have a dedicated pulmonary critical care program. If you're facing a more critical illness, you'll find the same level of expertise, dedication and coordinated care throughout the Harron Lung Center.
In This Section
Our smoking cessation team can help you stop using tobacco products.
Related Departments & Divisions