For patients who qualify and are recovering from a GI surgical procedure, we offer an easy way to touch base with your provider and have a follow up post surgery appointment via mobile video through our patient portal, myPennMedicine.
If you have undergone a low risk procedure, you may be eligible for this service based on your geographic location and condition.
The virtual visit allows you and a Penn GI surgeon or nurse practitioner to review the following:
- How you are doing/healing
- Symptoms associated to your surgery/healing process
- Wound incision care
- Pain assessment
- Medication prescription
- Next steps
Contact us today to determine eligibility 800-789-7366.
Services & Eligibility
- Virtual visit between patient and provider
- Low risk gastrointestinal surgical procedure
Not all Penn Medicine providers offer telemedicine services. Please contact your provider to determine if he/she participates and check back periodically as more providers are being added monthly.
Learn more about Connected Care
Benefits of Virtual Visit
Penn Medicine makes it easier to connect with your healthcare providers and seek treatment for many types of conditions and illnesses. The benefits of connecting remotely abound.
- Patients can skip waiting rooms and traveling to/from appointments, a benefit especially valuable for those with chronic conditions.
- Improved access
- More efficient evaluation and consultation means more availability for busy providers.
- Lower healthcare costs
- Telemedicine offers potential savings for patients and providers.
- No geographic restrictions
- Services are available from anywhere in the world (in accordance with laws of patient’s state/country.)