These are the tests and tools Penn endocrinologists use to diagnose and treat pituitary disorders.
Penn endocrinologists are specially trained to diagnose and evaluate people with pituitary disorders including Addison's disease, pituitary tumor, diabetes insipidus and Cushing syndrome.
These tests and tools are used to diagnose and evaluate pituitary disorders:
- CRH Testing
- Inferior petrosal sinus sampling
- Metyrapone testing
- Nuclear medicine studies
- Water deprivation testing
Treatment of Pituitary Disorders
Our endocrinologists and clinicians provide treatments and services to help patients with pituitary disorders manage their conditions and develop healthy, normal lifestyles including:
- Gamma knife radiation
- Intensity modulated radiation therapy (IMRT)
- Medical oncology
- New medications available through clinical trials
- Proton therapy
- Radiation therapy (external beam)