Penn Metabolic Medicine offers a comprehensive and individualized approach to patient care. Physicians, nurses, dieticians and support staff provide a variety of treatments and services to help you manage weight and develop a healthy lifestyle.
At Penn Medicine, you are active members of your health care team.
Patient-Centered Weight Management Care
- Medical and pharmacological treatment and follow-up care incorporating the latest evidenced-based approaches
- Access to individualized nutrition counseling
- Access to behavioral health services for weight management
- Opportunity to participate in clinical weight loss research trials
- Comprehensive evaluation of causes of weight gain
- Individualized treatment plans developed by a multidisciplinary team of experts in obesity management
- Options to manage weight, as appropriate, including: nutritional counseling, weight loss medications and bariatric surgery evaluation
- Evaluation of weight-related diseases and referral to specialists within the Penn Health System
Nutrition Counseling Services
Diet is part of any successful weight loss effort. Our dietitian provides personalized support for diet changes. During your initial nutrition consultation with our dietitian, your current diet will be reviewed and analyzed and you will receive an individualized meal plan, tailored to your needs and preference. In follow-up sessions, you will continue to learn about important lifestyle changes and behavior modification strategies to enhance your weight management efforts. The dietitian can also teach you about specific foods and nutrients that will be beneficial for you.