Our lung cancer team is made up of a multidisciplinary group of specialists who are also compassionate caregivers. Each brings their own specialized training and years of experience to your lung cancer care.
These lung cancer experts meet regularly to discuss patient cases and improve care and outcomes. Whether it's through formal conferences, phone calls, texts or video chats, your care team is constantly connecting to make sure everyone weighs in on treatment decisions.
What Kind of Doctors Treat Lung Cancer?
At the Abramson Cancer Center, your lung cancer team includes doctors and nurses who specialize in lung cancer treatment, along with other specialists who treat related conditions. You may be cared for by:
Lung Cancer Specialists
- Medical oncologists: Experts in chemotherapy, immunotherapy and targeted treatments
- Radiation oncologists: Plan and administer radiation therapy treatments
- Thoracic surgeons: Perform surgical treatments for lung cancer
- Pulmonary pathologists: Subspecialize in lung cancer diagnosis
- Thoracic radiologists: Subspecialize in interpreting medical images to diagnose and treating lung diseases
- Oncology-certified nurse navigators: Assess your needs and help with challenges related to your care. Meet the navigators.
- Nurse practitioners: Treat side effects in our Oncology Evaluation Clinic. Learn more about urgent care for lung cancer treatment side effects.
- Triage nurses: Thoracic oncology-trained nurses who answer patient phone calls and use their expertise to get patients the right care at the right time
Other Health Care Providers
- Gastroenterologist: Specializes in immune-mediated colitis, a potential side effect of immunotherapy
- Interventional pulmonologists: Lung doctors who perform biopsies and treat lung and chest conditions, such as pleural effusion (fluid buildup around the lungs), using minimally invasive methods
- Advanced practice practitioners: Health care providers that assist our lung care specialists
Support Service Providers
Learn more about our lung cancer support groups and services provided by:
- Financial advocators
- Integrative medicine specialists
- Palliative care doctors
- Oncology social workers
Find a Lung Cancer Provider