Basser Center for BRCA Research
The Basser Center for BRCA is the only center in the world solely devoted to BRCA-related cancers. The Basser Center for BRCA offers men and women with a gene mutation in either BRCA1 or BRCA2 education, resources and support.
People with gene mutations on BRCA1 and BRCA2 are at increased risk for developing certain cancers including
- Breast cancer
- Ovarian cancer
- Prostate cancer
- Pancreatic cancer
Learn more about the Basser Center for BRCA.
Cancer Risk Evaluation Program (CREP)
Located at Pennsylvania Hospital, the Cancer Risk Evaluation Program (CREP) provides risk evaluation services to help you identify your risk for breast cancer, ovarian cancer, gastrointestinal cancers and sarcoma.
Our clinicians and counselors will:
- Help you understand known and personal risks
- Answer questions about your personal cancer-related concerns
- Counsel you about preventative and screening options
Learn more about the Cancer Risk Evaluation Program located at Pennsylvania Hospital.
Gastrointestinal Cancer Risk Evaluation Program
Men and women concerned about their personal risk of developing a gastrointestinal (GI) cancer, may be interested in genetic testing and counseling through our GI Cancer Risk Evaluation program.
This program offers:
- Genetic testing and counseling for people with inherited syndromes that may put them at higher risk for cancer
- Genetic testing and counseling for people who have multiple family members with colon polyps, GI cancers or other types of cancer
- Counseling for screenings and other preventative measures against GI cancers
Mariann and Robert MacDonald Cancer Risk Evaluation Center
Located in the Perelman Center for Advanced Medicine, the team of genetic counselors and medical experts at the Mariann and Robert MacDonald Cancer Risk Evaluation Center help you identify your risk for breast cancer, ovarian cancer and other cancers.
Here, you will discover caring clinicians who can help you in the following proactive ways:
- Analyze your family health history for inherited risk syndrome
- Streamline the process of genetic testing
- Provide customized medical recommendations focusing on risk reduction strategies and risk avoidance
- Facilitate long-term, proactive follow-up care as indicated with the appropriate specialist
Learn more about the Mariann and Robert MacDonald Cancer Risk Evaluation Center
located at the Perelman Center for Advanced Medicine.