At Penn Medicine, top-ranked scientists and clinicians work together to achieve the most successful outcomes for heart and vascular patients. Using the latest research and technology, Penn's experienced clinicians are developing new treatments, new devices and new ways of approaching cardiovascular disease.
Get the Facts
- Penn Medicine performs more heart transplants.
For the past five years, Penn surgeons have performed more heart transplants than all other regional heart transplant centers combined — including Temple, Jefferson, Lankenau and Penn State.
- Penn Medicine's Heart Failure and Transplantation Program is among the largest in the country.
Penn follows more than 3,500 heart failure patients and more than 600 heart transplant patients.
- Penn Medicine is the leading cardiac arrhythmia center on the East Coast.
Penn scientists pioneered electrophysiology, the specialty used to diagnose and treat heart arrhythmias. Today, Penn is considered one of the leading centers in US for the treatment of arrhythmias.
- We perform more than six times the national average of atrial fibrillation (AFib) ablations.
Research shows that medical centers performing more than 100 atrial fibrillation ablation procedures per year have better outcomes and fewer complications.
- When AFib procedures at other hospitals fail, patients turn to Penn Medicine.
Penn Medicine's success with difficult and complex cases is world-renowned. Nearly one-third of Penn's Afib ablation patients have failed procedures elsewhere.
- Eighty–five percent of mitral valve operations performed at Penn Presbyterian Medical Center are minimally invasive.
Minimally invasive mitral valve repairs are often performed with smaller incisions, less scarring and faster recovery times.
- Penn Medicine's Heart Valve Disease Program is the largest in the region.
Penn Medicine surgeons perform more valve surgeries than any other hospital in Pennsylvania.
- Penn was the first hospital in Philadelphia to successfully perform a Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement (TAVR).
Having performed more than 400 TAVRs to date, Penn is the most experienced provider of this minimally invasive valve replacement surgery in the region.
Better Heart Care
Complete this form, and a Penn cardiovascular specialist will contact you to explore your options.
Contact Us Now
Call 800-789-PENN (7366)