Proton equals precision.
Proton therapy is a cancer treatment that directs a focused beam of subatomic particles at a tumor. Because of the accuracy of the beam, proton therapy delivers a higher dose of treatment directly to the cancer, while sparing healthy tissue, which can lead to benefits such as:
- Improved outcomes, and fewer side effects
- The ability to treat cancerous tumors close to critical organs
- A greater quality of life during treatment
- Ability to offer new treatment options for patients whose cancer has recurred
Proton therapy is used for a variety of common cancers, and at Penn we are constantly working to expand the list of conditions treated with protons. Below are just some of the cancers we treat:
- Brain and skull based cancers
- Gastrointestinal (esophagus, stomach, pancreas, rectal)
- Genitourinary (bladder, kidney, prostate)
- Gynecologic (cervical cancer)
- Head and neck
Why choose Penn's Robert's Proton Therapy Center?
Penn's Robert's Proton Therapy Center is the only proton therapy center in the world that is fully integrated with a National Cancer Institute -designated Comprehensive Cancer Center. This means that patients who choose Penn can be assured they will experience a team of experts dedicated to providing you the most advanced care for your cancer.
Find out if you're a candidate for Proton Therapy.
Tell us a little about yourself, and one of our nurses will contact you.